The whole point of cooking in a microwave is that it is fast and easy. If a recipe is complicated or takes a ton of prep work, it defeats the purpose of cooking in the microwave. We want to review 10 easy microwave recipes that you can try at home. They don’t require a whole lot of ingredients or preparation time. And, since everything cooks fast in the microwave, you know it won’t involve a whole lot of cooking time. Whether you are using an over the range microwave or a small compact microwave, these recipes will be perfect!
Here is a meatloaf you can make in the microwave. It makes a perfect dinner for your family and takes no time at all.
- 1 lightly beaten egg
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 5 tablespoons of ketchup
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- ½ cup bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons of onion soup mix
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- ¼ teaspoon of pepper
- ¼ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
How to make:
You can make this meatloaf in just a few easy steps!
- Combine egg, mustard, 2 tablespoons ketchup, bread crumbs, soup mix, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Crumble beef into the bowl and mix well.
- Shape meat into loaf
- Place in microwave safe dish, cover and cook for 10-12 minutes on high
- Drain it
- In second bowl, combine both sugars, vinegar and rest of ketchup. Drizzle over the meatloaf.
- Cook 2-3 more minutes on high
- Let stand 10 minutes before eating
Zucchini and Ham Frittata
There’s nothing wrong with breakfast for, well breakfast, lunch or dinner. Here is a recipe for a microwave delicious zucchini and ham frittata.
- What you will need:
- 4 cups chopped zucchini
- 1 small chopped onion
- 4 large eggs
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- 1 cup cooked cubed ham
How to Make It:
Here is how to make this zucchini and ham frittata. It takes just a few minutes and is done in just a few easy steps.
- Combine zucchini and onion in pie plate and microwave for 3-4 minutes until soft – then drain
- In bowl, whisk eggs and the salt and pepper. Then add the cheese and ham.
- Pour it over the zucchini mixture
- Microwave at medium power for 9 minutes
Macaroni and Cheese
Just because you’re cooking in a microwave, doesn’t mean you have to use a boxed dinner. You can make yummy mac-n-cheese right in the microwave.
- ½ cup elbow macaroni
- ½ cup water
- 3 tablespoons milk
- Salt and pepper
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Fresh chives
This is how you do it:
- Mix the macaroni, salt and water in microwave safe mug
- Microwave for 3 minutes then stir
- Add milk, cheese, salt and pepper and stir
- Microwave another 30 seconds
- Add chive as garnish and serve
Everyone loves Mexican food. Here is a super-easy recipe for microwave chicken quesadillas. Just follow the steps and then enjoy!
- What do you need?
- 2 medium flour tortillas
- ½ cup shredded chicken
- ½ diced bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon taco seasoning
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar
These are the steps to follow:
- Microwave tortillas on plate until slightly crispy
- Mix chicken, peppers, and taco seasoning in bowl then cook for 2 minutes
- Spread onto one tortilla and sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover with second tortilla
- Microwave for another 1 minute, slice and serve
BBQ Chicken Nachos
While we’re on the theme of Mexican, why not try some delicious BBQ chicken nachos? Who ever thought you could make this kind of dish in the microwave!
- 1 cup shredded rotisserie chicken
- 3 tablespoons BBQ sauce
- 2 large handfuls of tortilla chips
- ¼ cup Pico de Gallo
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- ¼ thinly sliced green onion
- Sour cream
And here is how you make it:
- Mix the chicken with the BBQ sauce and spread over chips
- Spread cheese, Pico and onions on top and microwave for 2 minutes
- put dollop of sour cream and guacamole on top and serve
Let’s mix things up a bit with a little bit of the bayou with some sausage Jambalaya. Yes, you can make this in the microwave!
- Can chopped tomato with garlic
- Can of easy-cook rice
- 1 seeded red pepper, chopped
- 2 chorizos, chunks
- 2 handfuls of frozen corn
- Cajun seasoning
- Sour cream
- Pour tomatoes into bowl. Use tomato can and fill with cooked rice. Then tip rice into bowl.
- Pour in can of water
- Stir in pepper, chorizo and corn
- Stir in salt, pepper and bit of Cajun seasoning (to taste)
- Cover bowl with saran wrap and poke few holes in to air
- Microwave for 10 minutes – stir – microwave another 12 minutes
- Let it stand 5 minutes then serve with sour cream
This may be the easiest dish on our list today. It is just a handful of ingredients and a few quick steps. It takes less than 5 minutes to prep! Here is how to make your risotto primavera.
What do you need?
- 350 g risotto rice
- 175 ml white wine
- 850 ml hot vegetable stock
- Frozen bean and pea mix
- Asparagus tips
- Soft goat cheese
- Torn, mint leaves
- Pour rice, wine and 1/3 of stock into bowl
- Microwave for 10 minutes on high, covered with air holes
- Stir, add 1/3 more stock, and microwave 3 minutes
- Stir, add vegetables, asparagus and stock
- Re-cover and microwave 7 minutes
- Add in cheese and mint leaves and let sit 2 minutes, then serve
Banana Mug Cake
Let’s sweeten things up a bit with this banana mug cake recipe. It serves only 1 so if you want to make more, just repeat the process as often as necessary.
- ½ medium ripe banana
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 egg white
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 ½ tablespoons oat flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon (add more for garnish)
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
So, there were a number of ingredients, but it is a quick 2 steps to make this cake.
- Put banana in microwave safe bowl and mash up
- Stir in almond butter, egg white and vanilla extract. Add in oat flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt until mixed well.
- Microwave for 1 minute
- Top with sliced banana and cinnamon
Why not learn how to make a quick, sweet and salty snack? This is perfect for watching a movie or just grabbing a late-night snack.
- 4 quart popped popcorn
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup margarine
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
And here is what you do to make it:
- Put popped popcorn in brown bag and set to the side.
- In 2-quart bowl, mix the brown sugar, margarine, vanilla, salt and corn syrup.
- Heat for 3 minutes
- Stir and cook another 1 ½ minutes
- Remove and stir in baking soda
- Pour into bag of popcorn and shake – cook 1 minute 10 seconds
- Take out, shake again, and cook another 1 minute 10 seconds
- Dump on wax paper until caramel is set
Who doesn’t love rice pudding? Here is a quick way to make enough rice pudding for two. Perfect to top off a nice dinner.
- 1 large egg
- ¾ cup whole milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 ½ cups cooked rice
Now here is what you do:
- Whisk egg and sugar in bowl til fluffy
- Add the milk, vanilla, salt and cinnamon.
- And the rice and stir well
- Divide into 2 tall microwave safe mugs
- Microwave for 4 minutes
- Let stand for 2 minutes then serve