If you’re shopping around for a 4-slice toaster, then you need not to look any further than this guide for help. We have spent a considerable amount of time researching and sampling many of the models available on the market right now in order to bring you this guide.
Our review on the best 4-Slice Toasters of 2021
Our team scoured through every little bit of information we could find in order to write up this guide. Based on our findings, we have included a number of models we feel are worth the title of ‘best 4 slice toasters’ for your consideration as well. Also included in our review is a number of helpful segments touching on important aspects of these devices that require your attention as well. We hope you find this guide both informative and useful as you go about shopping for a new 4 slice toaster.
Best 4-Slice Toaster: Our Top Picks
Professional 4-Slice Toaster Reviews
Best of the Best – Best All round 4 Slice Toaster – Cuisinart CPT 440
Features We Love
- Digital Controls.
- Housed in a stainless steel body.
- Comes with a 3-year warranty cover.
- Made of durable stainless steel material.
- Has a motorized lift to service your toast in and out of the slots.
- Convenient digital controls and display.
- BPA free.
- Provides consistent toasting results.
- Comes with easy cord wrap feature to minimize space occupied.
- Comes with a host of extra features aside from toasting.
- Comes with an impressive warranty cover.
- Toasting time can be improved.
- Slots aren’t that big or deep for some toast sizes.
Coming in first on our list of the best 4 slice toasters on the market is the Cuisinart CPT 440. It offers a lot in terms of design and functionality and that’s why it took the top spot for us. Let’s look at a few more details on it.
The Cuisinart CPT 440 truly and well deserves the top spot for us. The design and the inclusion of the extra features coupled with the motorized lift make for a great touch. If you’re looking for the best 4 slice toaster, this is your best bet.
Best Value – Best Features for the Price – Cuisinart CPT 180
Features We Love
- Made of stainless steel.
- 3-year warranty cover.
- Features both digital and analog controls.
- More than 4 functionalities.
- It features dual control systems.
- Easy to use interface with both digital and analog controls.
- Embedded led indicators to inform you of your selections or settings.
- Features cord storage capability to reduce the space it occupies.
- Wide toasting slots.
- Made of brushed stainless steel for durability and better look aesthetics.
- Very affordable.
- Removable crumb tray for easier cleaning.
- Comes bundled with an easy to understand instruction manual.
- Good warranty cover included with purchase.
- Has a shade control setting.
- The lever system sometimes feels a bit awkward.
- Winding the cord can be a bit tricky.
The fact that our second entry here is another Cuisinart model is no surprise. They are well known in the industry for providing great appliances and they really outdid themselves with this one. It’s cheap, loaded with features and overall excellent performance.
Best Budget – Best when you’re on a tight Budget – Oster TSSTTRWFS-001
- Have extra wide slots to fit all sorts of bread and other pastry.
- Produces consistent toasting results.
- Has to the option to set the shade of your toast as desired.
- Features dual control systems for each side of the toaster.
- Has a lever control for dunking and retrieving your piece of toast.
- Removable crumb tray for a simpler cleaning experience.
- The crumb tray is dishwasher friendly.
- The power cord is retractable in order to minimize space occupation.
- Simple and straightforward control interface.
- Comes with a warranty guarantee.
- The cord retraction system is sometimes faulty.
- Warranty cover is only for a year.
If you are looking for a soft, ergonomic grip handles which stay cool during the cooking process, this healthy, toxin-free non-stick 14-piece set is the best choice. Durability, longevity and high quality are the three most important features of this versatile, lightweight ceramic set.
The manufacturer states that using aerosol oil sprays with this set leads to significant vessel damage. Other than that, this set is very durable and scratch-resistant. It is dishwasher-safe and a good value for money.
Best Designed – A 4 slice toaster with the goods and the looks – Black Decker TR1400SB
Features We Love
- Body made of aluminum.
- Extra functionalities aside from toasting.
- Both digital and analog controls.
- No warranty.
- Dual controls for each side of the toaster.
- Great design aesthetics.
- Extra wide slots to cater for various sizes of pastry.
- The body is made of durable Aluminum with a stainless steel finish.
- Removable crumb trays on both sides of the toaster.
- Has a retractable power cord system for better space management.
- Analog and digital control systems.
- Easy to use and understand interface.
- Settings to allow you to control the shade of your toast.
- No clear warranty guarantee.
- Quite heavy.
There’s no denying we all love a beautiful piece of machinery that does the job it’s meant to. If that’s what you need, this is your pick right here.
Best Reliable Toaster – A 4 slice toaster to serve you well – KRUPS KH734D
No products found.
- Stylish design with a clean chrome finish.
- Dual control systems for each side of the toaster.
- Wide spaced slots.
- Warranty cover included.
- Cord retraction and storage system.
- Consistent toast results.
- LED indicators to keep you aware of selections and progress.
- Made from a trusted brand.
- Easy to use digital and analog controls.
- High power consumption compared to other models.
- Unexpectedly weighty.
This toaster model has a lot of good things going for it. If what you’re looking for is something durable that consistently delivers and comes with good warranty cover, then this might just be what you’re looking for.
Best 4-Slice Toaster Comparison Table
|Cuisinart CPT 440||3.9||$$||Digital||Stainless Steel||5|
|Cuisinart CPT 180||4.0||$$||Digital+Analog||Stainless Steel||5|
|Oster TSSTTRWFS-001||3.6||$$||Digital+Analog||Stainless Steel||7|
|Black Decker TR1400SB||3.6||$$||Digital+Analog||Aluminum||5|
|KRUPS KH734D||3.8||$$||Digital+Analog||Stainless Steel||5|
Buying Guide when choosing a 4 Slice Toaster
Having gone through the information provided so far, it is evident that the market for 4 slice toasters is quite big. There are a lot of great toasters available in the market, but the real question is how do you go about choosing one for your home? What criteria or product points are you supposed to look at before making that purchase? To address all that, we provide some information worth considering here in this section.
The component build material is one of the factors up for consideration when you’re shopping for a toaster. This is because it affects the overall quality of the toaster in the following ways:
- If it is made of good quality material such as stainless steel, then all that assures you that your toaster is a durable piece of equipment.
- Depending on the material used to make the toaster, a number of finishes can be applied to enhance the overall appearance of the toaster making it not only handy kitchen equipment but also a good looking piece with good visual aesthetics.
- The material is also important in that you can find out if it is easily corroded by simple things like exposure to air and water. In this case, stainless steel and chrome made are best.
Digital vs. Analog system
This point all comes down to a matter of personal choice really. We are pretty much accustomed to the old school style of toasters that have a lever technology that allows you to ‘sink’ your bread into the toaster slots. Thanks to advancements in technology, the digital craze has made it onto toasters as well. Digitally operated toasters simply require you to push a button and all the work is done for you. Analog controlled toasters are however still very much alive in the market as well. To entice both sides of this divide, some manufacturers are incorporating elements of both. By maintaining the iconic lever technology and having button controls for other functionalities, parties who prefer one or the other get to enjoy the benefits and simplicity of both technologies in their toasters.
No. of Functionalities
Nowadays, the standard for many that claim to be the best 4 slice toaster means offering a little more control and functionality to the user. We all have specific standards that amount to making or creating ‘the perfect piece of toast’. To make sure this point is properly addressed, manufacturers have poured all their research into creating toasters that offer very specific and precise control options. From details like working temperature, accurate timers, and different toasting modes and so on, it is now quite easy to make that perfect piece of toast you always dream of biting into for breakfast. Also, considering this is a 4 slice toaster, it doesn’t necessarily mean that all 4 slots will always need to be simultaneously used. As such ensure you buy a model that can allow you to use the appropriate number of slots as per your needs.
The decision to buy a 4 slice toaster means making a sizeable investment for your home. That being the case, how do you make sure the buy is worth the trouble? Simple answer… warranties.
Warranties are important in the sense that they allow you certain levels of security so to speak like:
- Having a valid warranty cover means that the seller or manufacturer can be called to action to either fix or replace your toaster in the event that it breaks down completely goes bust. The reasons, however, have to be down to manufacturing faults and not negligence otherwise your warranty cover won’t be applicable.
- They assure you that you have purchased a genuine product.
This bit never misses in any kind of buying guide really. That being said, it is prudent to do your research on current market prices for 4 slice toasters before making the purchase. After factoring in all the features you need in a toaster and reviewed what such toasters go for in the market, then you can go ahead and determine whether the purchase is fully justified in this regard. In this context also, it is worth noting that the simple thought that a higher marked toaster is ‘always better’ is a fallacy. Different brands have different circumstances under which they make their products and this affects their pricing models. So always stick to your budget and buy a toaster that offers just the features you needed to avoid being upsold.
Frequently Asked Questions
Many of the models available on the market are quite affordable. Depending on a number of factors such as the manufacturer’s brand, features, and functionality, the price of some 4 slice toasters can be quite high. It’s all about finding one that fits in all your needs while staying within your budget.When you’re shopping for a 4 slice toaster, a number of factors are up for consideration. They can include aspects such as:Features: Does it have all the features you need?Warranty: Does the model you want to buy come with a warranty guarantee?Price: Most important of all, is it within your budget?Keeping your toaster clean is a relatively simple task really. First off, remember to power it down and unplug it from the power outlet. The next bit would involve taking out the crumb trays, cleaning it and the rest of the interior as well. The external body can simply be wiped down with a damp cloth.The key to proper maintenance of your 4 slice toaster is following a few simple rules:Remember to use it as the instructions say.Always clean it after use to avoid bits of food from clogging it up.Unplug it when not in use.Consult a professional when repairs are needed.When your 4 slice toaster happens to break down, there are a few things you can do to get it back up again:If you have the know-how, you can do your own repairs.If you can’t do the above point, you can find a certified repairman or consult the manufacturer.Toasters are fairly common kitchen equipment and can be found in a lot of places. You can buy it from online stores such as Amazon or you can simply go to your local supermarket. Stores that exclusively deal with kitchenware are also an option in this regard.Yes. Bundled with the toaster when it arrives from the manufacturer is an instructional guide on how to use it. A lot of people forgo reading the manual assuming they already know what they need, but this isn’t always the case. Instruction manuals offer insight on how to better utilize it.On average, when in use, a standard toaster can consume anything from about 800 to 1600 watts. Given its size and functionality, this is the expected range of power consumption. In order to make sure you get a good toaster, this is also another important figure to consider before making that purchase.Toasters have typically been used to toast bread slices. Over the years, however, people have been using them to toast other things like bagels and more kinds of pastry.This particular point wholly rests on your personal preference. Ideally, consider which type of toaster between the two is more convenient for you. If you need to make toast for a lot of people frequently, then a 4 slice toaster would be the best option.
Maintenance Guide for 4 Slice Toasters
As implied from some of the earlier segments above, these 4 slice toasters can be quite pricey. As such, it is important that you learn all the proper measures and guidelines to take in order to maintain them for continued service in your home.
The need for repairs is a realistic consequence of owning any kind of equipment really. Despite our best efforts, sometimes the damage is inevitable. In this case:
- Whenever a fault with how the toaster is working presents itself, stop using it and unplug it immediately. Continuing to use it in this taste can prove more detrimental than many people imagine it to be.
- When some parts require replacement, make sure to source only genuine spare parts. Today’s world is flooded with loads of counterfeit products so your best bet would be to get them directly from your toaster’s manufacturer.
- If you don’t have the know-how to address such an issue, make sure you consult certified professionals to help fix the problem for you. Getting in touch with your manufacturer, in this case, is also an option.
Considering how probable it is that you can use your toaster on a near daily basis, particular attention needs to be paid in the hygiene sector. When cleaning your toaster, remember to:
- Make sure the toaster is turned off and totally disconnected from its power source before you do anything else.
- Never to fully immerse it in water. This being an electrically powered device means that such an act, even with the intention of cleaning it, means damage.
- Clean out the crumb trays. Most models come with removable crumb trays in order to simplify the cleaning process and with good reason. If left uncleaned and emptied out after each use, it can become home to bacteria which can contaminate your fresh toast next time you use it.
When the toaster is not being used, remember to:
- Keep it away from the table or countertop edges where it can be easily knocked off. This can cause a good amount of damage to it.
- Keep it in a dry place since moisture can destroy the inner workings of the toaster as well as encourage the growth of some bacteria. Exposure to moisture can also corrode some parts of the toaster.
The journey towards finding the best 4 slice toaster was not an easy one on our part. We sifted through as much information as we could find and handle in order to write up this guide for you. It is worth noting that the choice for this range of products is very large and that means it’s almost impossible to not find something that would work for you. Simply remember to stick to your set budget and ensure whatever model you go for checks all the boxes you need to be checked in a toaster. Also keep in mind that for continued service, proper cleaning and maintenance is required. We hope you have a successful shopping experience for your 4 slice toaster.