- 1 Our Review on the Best Hand Mixer
- 2 Best Hand Mixer Our Top Picks
- 3 Best Pizza Stones Reviewed
- 3.1 Best of the Best – The best all-around Hand mixer – Breville BHM800SIL Handy Mix Scraper Hand Mixer, Silver
- 3.2 Best value for Price – Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer
- 3.3 Best Budget: Best Cheapest Hand Mixer – BLACK+DECKER Lightweight Hand Mixer, White, MX1500W
- 3.4 Best hand mixer with multiple attachments – BLACK+DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer with 5 Attachments & Storage Case, MX3200B
- 3.5 Best nine-speed hand mixer: Hand mixer with the best speeds – KitchenAid KHM926ER Empire Red 9-Speed Hand Mixer
- 4 Best Hand Mixer Comparison Table
- 5 Buying guide for selecting the best Hand Mixer
- 6 Frequently Asked Questions when buying the best Hand mixer:
- 6.1 Question 01: What is a Hand Mixer?
- 6.2 Question 02: What are the different attachments for a hand mixer?
- 6.3 Question 03: What ingredients can I use with a Hand Mixer?
- 6.4 Question 04: What recipes can I make with a Hand Mixer?
- 6.5 Question 05: What speeds are suited to what ingredients?
- 6.6 Question 06: How can I clean stained plastic parts of my hand mixer?
- 6.7 Question 07: What are the blades on my hand mixer made of?
- 6.8 Question 08: Are the chopper and attachments to a hand mixer dishwasher safe?
- 6.9 Question 09: Does a hand mixer have an overload protection system?
- 7 Maintenance Guide for Hand Mixers:
- 7.1 Follow every manual instruction from the manufacturer
- 7.2 Do not add all ingredients at a time
- 7.3 Keep your mixer away from the water while in operation
- 7.4 Make sure that you know the function of each part of the hand mixer
- 7.5 Store it carefully
- 7.6 Unplug your hand mixer when it is not in use
- 7.7 Clean your hand mixer after use
- 7.8 Keep the hand mixer out of the reach of children
- 8 Conclusion
Our Review on the Best Hand Mixer
Our research to discover the best models of hand mixers was a bit tricky because we found out that the majority of customers went for hand mixers with a greater number of reviews and recommendation by people. We had to carefully lookout and compare in details the number of hand mixers that made our list. The important and most necessary areas we looked into was the weight of the product, power (watts level), speeds of the beaters, attachments, handle type, the sound of the device while in operation, space-saving design and the price. Moreover, the pros and key stats of the products in this buying guide speaks for itself. All you have to do is to purchase one of your choices.
Best Hand Mixer Our Top Picks
8.5 x 3.5 x 10.2 inches
8.5 x 3.9 x 8.9 inches
4.2 x 6 x 7.3 inches
9 x 3.8 x 7.2 inches
Best Pizza Stones Reviewed
Best of the Best – The best all-around Hand mixer – Breville BHM800SIL Handy Mix Scraper Hand Mixer, Silver
The first to come up in our list is the well-made Breville BHM800SIL Handy Mix Scraper Hand Mixer. It tops our list based on the fact that the intuitive interface of its Beater IQ detects the type of attachment you are using and adjusts the speed and power to the best-desired range for what you are mixing. The Quiet scraper beaters of this kitchen tool mix to the edges without clanging to maximize contact with the bowl.
- The Beater adjusts the speed to the best-desired range for what you are mixing
- Possesses high power capacity for quiet operation and high torque at low speeds
- The quiet scraper beaters mix to the edges without clanging to maximize contact with the bowl
- Accurate control of recipes that require precise mixing time
- You can view ingredients during the mixing progress
- The speeds plus turbo boost ensures precise speed for your mixing load
- Ergonomic handle makes it comfortable to mix
- It has a detachable storage compartment
- Very durable.
- Price is high.
Key Product Stats:
- Beater IQ intuitive interface
- Product dimension: 8.5 x 3.5 x 10.2 inches
- Product weight: 4pounds
- 240-watt DC motor
- Quiet scraper beaters mix
- Count-up timer
- Mixing light
- 9-speed setting
- Compact storage
- Manufactured by BREVILLE
- Price is $129.79.
This hand mixer is the best for your kitchen, whether you’re whisking cream or kneading dough. The Handy Mix Scraper itself detects which attachment you’re using and automatically recalibrates to the perfect speed. All you have to do is look beyond the price and purchase this kitchen tool for the best result.
Best value for Price – Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer
Next best hand mixer in this buying guide is Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer. It is a handheld mixer that comes with a suitable storage case, brush chrome and a lot of other features that will prove effective with excellent value for the purchase.
- It comes with a compact storage case
- Possesses automatic feedback smooth start feature to eliminate splatters.
- The speed of the mixer can be controlled
- Easy to use and cleanup
- Dishwater safe
- Good motor power
- Inconsistent ability to be able to pick the entire unit up by just the mixer handle when attached to the storage area
- 3yrs lifetime warranty.
Key Product Stats:
- 220 watts of power with automatic feedback
- SmoothStart feature with 3 low mixing speeds eliminates splattering
- One-step power switch with 9-speed LED display
- Sturdy snap-on case
- beaters chef’s whisk dough hooks and spatula
- Product dimension: 5 x 3.9 x 8.9 inches
- Item weight: 4.06 pounds
- Manufactured by CUISINART
- Price is $64
This is a hand mixer anyone can love because it performs any task a recipe needs. You can just clean it up and put away once you have kneaded your homemade bread dough and mixed your heavy batters. It has plenty of power, perfect control, and compact storage, making this product an outstanding kitchen tool for your money.
Best Budget: Best Cheapest Hand Mixer – BLACK+DECKER Lightweight Hand Mixer, White, MX1500W
If you are on tight budget and you need a convenient and effective hand mixer at a low price, Black decker Lightweight Hand Mixer will serve you well. It comes with professional style beaters, good speed and power for all types of batters, sauces, and doughs.
- The professional beaters are durable
- Ergonomic grip for comfortable operation
- Prevents arm fatigue
- Good speed and power
- It is dishwasher safe
- Turbo boost option for the toughest mixing tasks
- It is durable.
- The product weight is light
- It has no snap or full storage case.
Key product stats.
- Professional style beaters
- 175-watt motor
- 5 speeds with turbo boost
- Heel and bowl rest
- Easy eject button
- Product dimension: 2 x 6 x 7.3 inches
- Product weight: 1.1 pounds
- Manufacturer: SPECTRUM BRANDS
- Price is $15.76.
Comparing the features of this product with its price from our research, it was easily deduced that this hand mixer is better off than some expensive mixers. Its parts are durable and corrosion safe. The mode of operation is very easy, and it’s portable and light to handle.
Best hand mixer with multiple attachments – BLACK+DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer with 5 Attachments & Storage Case, MX3200B
When it comes to hand mixer with more than one attachment, we found the BLACK DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer to be the best of all. Through our research, we found that this hand mixer has five (5) attachment and storage case, making your mixing easy and fun. The attachments are outstanding in quality and functions.
- The two professional-style wire beaters, one whisk, and two dough hooks make kitchen task easy
- The attachments are in one spot
- It has Good power and speed, which can enable it to start slow and finish fast
- Prevent messy splatter with a slower starting speed
- Possesses extra power boost function
- It is dishwasher safe
- The beaters seem flimsy when used to shred chicken breast.
Key product stats:
- Attachments: Two professional-style wire beaters, one whisk, and two dough hook
- Full-Size Storage Case
- 250-Watt Motor
- Powerful motor with 6 speeds
- Turbo boost button
- Product dimension: 9 x 3.8 x 7.2 inches
- Product weight: 2.05 pounds
- Manufacturer: Applica Incorporated/DBA Black and Decker.
- Price: $24.99
The Black+Decker 6-Speed Hand Mixer is for every mixing task. With five dishwasher-safe attachments, you can easily stir, beat, whisk, whip, and even work with dough. It’s advisable to go for this product if you need a good hand mixer with more attachment at an affordable price.
Best nine-speed hand mixer: Hand mixer with the best speeds – KitchenAid KHM926ER Empire Red 9-Speed Hand Mixer
This comes last on our list of best hand mixers in our buying guide. We choose this one based on its quality of speeds. It’s a magnificent hand mixer capable of bringing the beaters up to the selected speed, locking the cord into either the left or right side of the mixer so you can approach ingredients from any angle. You just can’t overlook this mixer because of its speeds.
- Accomplish a variety of mixing task due to the different speeds it has
- It can mix heavy ingredients
- Easy and quick removal of any accessory from the hand mixer with the single-handed press of a button
- Easy to wipe and clean
- Easy to operate
- Prevents the ingredients from splattering
- It’s durable
- Dishwasher safe.
- A bit costly in price
- Sometimes at high speeds, the beaters seem to wobble.
Key Product Stats:
- Speeds category: 9,7,5,3
- Lockable swivel cords
- Beater ejector button
- Stainless steel tub or beater II
- Pro Whisk
- Dough Hooks
- Blending rods
- Storage bag
- Product dimension: 3.5 x 8 x 6 inches
- Product weight: 2 pounds
- Manufacturer: KitchenAid
- Price: $79.52-109.99.
The 9-Speed of this Hand Mixer, with Exclusive Accessory Pack, offers endless opportunities in one hand-held countertop appliance. This is a perfect go-to small appliance for mixing, kneading, whipping, blending and so much more.
Best Hand Mixer Comparison Table
|Hand Mixer||Rating||Product dimension||Product Power||Pricing||No. of Attachments||speed setting|
|Breville BHM800SIL Handy Mix Scraper Hand Mixer, Silver||4.2||8.5 x 3.5 x 10.2 inches||240 watt||$$||3||9|
|Cuisinart HM-90BCS Power Advantage Plus 9-Speed Handheld Mixer||4.3||8.5 x 3.9 x 8.9 inches||220 watt||$$||4||9|
|BLACK+DECKER Lightweight Hand Mixer, White, MX1500W||4.2||4.2 x 6 x 7.3 inches||175 watt||$||5||5|
|BLACK+DECKER 6-Speed Hand Mixer with 5 Attachments & Storage Case, MX3200B||4.2||9 x 3.8 x 7.2 inches||250 watt||$$||5||6|
|KitchenAid KHM926ER Empire Red 9-Speed Hand Mixer||4.3||3.5 x 8 x 6 inches||240 watt||$$$||4||9|
Buying guide for selecting the best Hand Mixer
Considering the fact that there are a lot of hand mixers in the market today, it is pertinent to be conversant with some critical ideas that can help you decide and spot out the best hand mixer for your kitchen adventure. This buying elucidates some important key facts to consider if you need a good hand mixer.
This is one of the key areas to inspect when you are looking for a good hand mixer. Though the majority of the hand mixers are compact, it’s advisable to choose a mixer whose weight is moderate or light, so as to avoid arm fatigue. But sometimes the lightweight mixers are hard to control. All you have to do is to go into the store and feel the right weight for yourself.
A lot of Hand mixers come with five, three and nine speeds to choose from, depending on how much variety you want or need. If you are mixing heavy dry ingredients, you need a mixer whose speed starts slowly. This will prevent splattering and mess-up of your kitchen table. But on the average, your mixer should be able to adjust and operate at the desired speed you are looking for. Sometimes it’s better to test while purchasing it, even if it has an extra turbo boost feature.
This is a very essential feature to consider for your hand mixer. A good hand mixer should come with a variety of attachments like a dough hook, durable beaters, whisk or spatula. Your attachment should be durable. Attachments whose beaters have a protective silicone coating are durable and prevents scratching of the mixer compartments, but the stainless steel is also durable.
By this, we mean the watt level of your hand mixer. This is a key feature of a good hand mixer that cannot be overlooked. The motor gears must be powerful enough to operate the mixer to your satisfaction. Through our research, we resolved that an ideal power for a good hand mixer should be within 240Watts. You can go higher or lower depending on your choice.
Nobody wants a noisy house appliance. Some hand mixers are devoid of noise while they are some that can’t be quiet. It’s your place to make sure you test your new hand mixer whether it is quiet or noisy before adding it to your kitchen cart.
There are some hand mixer handles that will slip out of hands while mixing your ingredients because of the material used in construction. Through our research, we found out that it’s advisable to go for rubber or silicone grips because it is ergonomic and easy to hold.
This feature is important for cooks who need a lot of space in their kitchen. A hand mixer that has a pullback cord or a smaller body will serve you well. For this reason, they are some hand mixers that comes with a storage case so they can be stacked in a closet and neatly kept well in a drawer.
Costly designs or models of hand mixers will have more features. For frequent cooks, it’s necessary to purchase an expensive mixer or one with a moderate price but of high quality with a good recommendation. Expensive mixers are posed to be durable and they come with a warranty to cover any damage.
Frequently Asked Questions when buying the best Hand mixer:
Question 01: What is a Hand Mixer?
Answer: A Hand Mixer is a handheld appliance used for mixing cake and pastry mixtures. They are also used for whisking. The double beaters are the main function of a Hand Mixer.
Question 02: What are the different attachments for a hand mixer?
Answer: Hand Mixers always come with the dual beater attachment, meant for the basic jobs of whisking and mixing lighter mixtures such as pastry and creams. Some Hand Mixers also come with a set of kneading tools too. These kneading tools are used to stretch and knead heavy doughy mixtures.
Question 03: What ingredients can I use with a Hand Mixer?
Answer: Hand Mixers are designed for beating dough and pastry, so they can easily cope with any of the ingredients involved. They deal well with soft or liquid mixtures, but will not affect solids very much.
Question 04: What recipes can I make with a Hand Mixer?
Answer: Hand Mixers specialize in recipes such as dough and batter mixes. The way the twin beaters work allows air to be folded into a mixture so it will give a light and fluffy batters, and thin and light creams.
Question 05: What speeds are suited to what ingredients?
Answer: Lower speeds are the more commonly used with a hand mixer, their uses ranging from batter to cream, to mixing pastry ingredients. The higher speeds tend only to be used for lighter, thinner mixtures such as a whisked sponge or egg whites, but this should always be reached by gradually increasing the speed, rather than suddenly setting the hand mixer to high.
Question 06: How can I clean stained plastic parts of my hand mixer?
Answer: Some kind of food (e.g. carrots) can lead to discoloration of the plastic. To remove these stains, try wiping them clean with vegetable oil before washing them.
Question 07: What are the blades on my hand mixer made of?
Answer: The blades on the hand mixer and chopper attachment are made of stainless steel.
Question 08: Are the chopper and attachments to a hand mixer dishwasher safe?
Answer: Once detached from the motor, the hand mixer attachment, chopper bowl, and blade insert are dishwasher safe. The motorized parts of the appliance, the chopper
lid, and the hand blender attachment should not be placed in the dishwasher or immersed in water. Use a damp cloth on this area only.
Question 09: Does a hand mixer have an overload protection system?
Answer: If the unit is overloaded, the motor may automatically switch off. If the motor stops or runs slowly, turn the unit off so the motor can cool down. After a cooling period of at least 10 minutes, it can then be switched back on.
Maintenance Guide for Hand Mixers:
Follow every manual instruction from the manufacturer
For the reason of your safety and to the maintenance of your purchased mixer (keeping it durable), it is advisable to read and follow the manual instructions on the packet carefully before you start using it. Even though some hand mixers on the market have the same modus operandi, do not forget that the production is completely different to have a unique feature.
The manual instruction from the manufacturer also provides valuable advice that customers can use to fix some technical glitches at home without bringing the machine to the store, saving your time and money.
Do not add all ingredients at a time
Do not have the euphoria that your hand mixer can mix everything that comes it’s way, believing that you should add all ingredients into the bowl or pot and let the machine do the mixing. That may cost you with a pretty messy result. The best thing to do is to add one thing at a time. You need to consider the speed of your hand mixer to be able to determine the level and extent of your mixing.
Keep your mixer away from the water while in operation
Even though you need water to clean your mixer, some parts of it including the plug, the body, and the cords must not be touched by water as this might result in an inevitable electric shock or a fire blaze rendering your hand mixer useless. Just try and avoid getting your plug and the cords wet. This is a very common mistake made by people always.
Make sure that you know the function of each part of the hand mixer
It will be foolish not to be aware of the functions of each part of your hand mixer. It is better to make a mental note to keep you aware of how to operate the machine in the right way. To accomplish this, read the instructions carefully to ensure that you know the kinds of ingredients required for each tool.
Store it carefully
Most of the hand mixers on the market purchased by customers come with a good storage case to ensure that all items are protected. But, in case your product does not come with a storage case, find a suitable dry empty box to store it. This can keep your tool durable and prevent it from unnecessary damage. The box must be dry to prevent corrosion, as some hand mixers are not dishwasher safe.
Unplug your hand mixer when it is not in use
To prevent an unforeseen accident, it is advisable to unplug your mixer. This is for safety reasons. Most times the kids at home can meddle or tamper with the mixer without your knowledge. This can prove to be dangerous. However, do not change the beaters or any other part while your hand mixer is not unplugged. Don’t clean your mixer while it’s still plugged in.
Clean your hand mixer after use
Cleaning your hand mixer always after use keeps it neat and increases its durability. Do not allow your mixture to dry or you will find it difficult to clean. For those new freebies, the valuable tips this buying guide can provide you on the steps to clean your hand mixer are;
- Set the speed to zero
- Turn off the machine and unplug it from the socket.
- Eject attached items from the machine
- Clean those items first as they are always the dirtiest part. Use soap and warm water to wash them
- Use a cloth and warm water to clean the mixer body
- Wait until they get dry and then put them into the storing case.
Keep the hand mixer out of the reach of children
Children should not touch or use the mixer without your supervision. Unplug the kitchen tool after use.
From this buying guide, one can easily deduce that hand mixers are efficient kitchen devices that cannot be ignored if you want to mix ingredients that will make up your meal. For this reason, you need to purchase the best. The Best hand mixer in this guide might be costly or moderate in price, but you can be assured of its effectiveness and durability.